Incredibly good news for Extensis Portfolio users!
The brand new NeoFinder 6.9 now contains an importer for your precious Portfolio data, including thumbnails and keywords.
After Extensis has rudely abandoned its desktop users by discontinuing their quite popular Portfolio product, we have received a large number of requests to help salvage that valuable data.
In the past months, we have been very busy preparing the technology that allows us to offer you a brand new Importer for Extensis Portfolio, further increasing the already very large list of file formats that NeoFinder can import and use. No other product offers these many importers at all.
Since the actual database format of Portfolio files is private, not documented, and actually quite complex, we have decided to use their Export data as the foundation for the NeoFinder Importer.
Here is an overview of the migration process.
1) Open your Portfolio database in Extensis Portfolio
2) Select all images you wish to migrate
6) Launch NeoFinder and use the Import Catalogs menu command in the File Menu
7) Select “Portfolio Export file” as the format, and select the text file you have exported in step 5
8) NeoFinder will ask you for the folder that contains the thumbnails that Portfolio has created. By default, that folder is located in the same folder as the original database document. Its name usually ends with the suffix “_previews”. It is possible that this folder was only generated if you have selected the option “Enable Screen Previews” when you have created the database in Portfolio.
9) Watch and enjoy how NeoFinder imports your valuable catalog, including all IPTC, EXIF data, and all the keywords you may have assigned to your images.